Monday, May 19, 2008

Deepest Apologies

Dear Internet,

I'm sorry I've been such a negligent blogger. I have no excuse other than a busy life. There have been many things that have happened in my life that I've been eager to share with you--for example: I have given up soda...COLD TURKEY. I haven't had a sip of carbonated bliss since April 5th. Yes, I'm keeping track. It's been one of the saddest things I've had to do, and I expect the period of mourning to continue indefinitely. On the plus side, my gaseous emissions have hit an all time low. I'm sure somewhere Al Gore is smiling.

Additionally, I have become a fan of "Dancing With the Stars". Stop laughing...it's a very entertaining show. I know somewhere inside me, there's a fabulously dressed welder with a knack for dancing. I can bust out Thriller with the best of them (except for Michael Jackson...or anyone else in the Thriller video).

I guess the most exciting thing in my life right now is "The Countdown". It's not as magical as the quotes would have you think. It is simply a countdown, written in chalk on my blackboard at school. This countdown reads 14 days!! Do you know, Internet, what happens in 14 days (not counting weekends or Memorial Day)? My first year of teaching comes to an end. You should know that Handel's "Messiah" is playing in my head. I'm almost there...and my brain DID NOT leak out of my ear. I AM NOT in a coma due to cranial hemorrhage .

Summer is almost here...and Internet, just you wait...oh, the posts that I'll write...about me sitting around and watching Friends.

Love,
Jeanette

2 comments:

rachel said...

I love you. I am also trying to drink less pop - I'm weaning myself by drinking 100% fruit juice more frequently.

I hope you're rooting for Kristi Yamaguchi in DWTS. I don't watch religiously, or even regularly, but you already know I love me some ice skating...

Unknown said...

You are my hero, Jeanette. I have attempted to stop drinking soda about 6 times...unsuccessfully. I'm actually drinking grape soda as I type this...it's heavenly.

I'm looking forward to celebrating your first year! :)