- Are you tired? You look tired. (Nope, my eyes are just small)
- (variation on the first) Did you just wake up? (Nope, been up for hours)
- You look like you don't feel well. (Nope, this is my face)
- (variation on the third) Wow, you look like you're sick.
- Don't worry, that pregnancy weight will come off (non-solicited)
- Your toes are so long. (Unless I'm a sloth, this is not a compliment)
- You have a lot of freckles.
- Are you Chinese? (I in no way mean this as a dig against Chinese people, but I AM NOT Chinese.)
- You cook?
- Wow, your child is cute! (after looking at me and then back at my child.)
Saturday, July 10, 2010
I know people mean well (most of the time)...but I've endured the following questions/statements for a while now, and it is time to put my foot down. If you cross my path and think any of the following...keep them tucked away in that cute little brain of yours and spare me the self-esteem blows.