Saturday, March 28, 2009

What We're Up To

So we've had a "busy" week...here are some randoms for your reading pleasure (there is a ton of sarcasm in that statement...I doubt that any of you will find this post entertaining...you have been warned).

-We are starting to take Eli out more. He'll be six weeks old tomorrow! This week we took him to a surprise wedding shower for one of the custodial ladies at the school, I took him to my dr.'s appt., we took him to McDonalds, I took him to Panera, and we took him to a Spelling Bee that Ben put on for his building. He's quite the popular guy.

-I had my 6 week check-up this week and everything looks good. That's all I'm going to say on that b/c I don't want to gross people out.

-Eli had his 6 week check-up. Here are his stats: he weighs 10lbs and is 22 inches long. He's in the 50th percentile for his weight and head size and in the 75th percentile for height. I'm thinking we're going to have a tall, skinny kid. My brother looked like an Ethiopian giant until he started grad school, so he could take after him. He also got his first shot and I cried (so did he). So sad. I'm glad he's healthy. (Ben asked me when I would stop worrying about him and his well-being and I said when I'm dead).

-I'm trying to work up the nerve to start running again. I was doing so well before I knew I was pregnant. Then I was scared to run when I was pregnant...and now I need to run to work off pregnancy weight so that I don't have to buy a new wardrobe.

-Eli is breastfeeding, but he's finicky. Sometimes he will and sometimes he seems like he'd rather be getting a lobotomy...so we'll see how it goes.

-Opening day is next Monday. I'm glad that Ben has a son who can share in the excitement with him. I get excited, but I think it will be more fun to experience with his son. Eli has a lot of Tigers clothing, but we'll see if he fits into any of it for next week.

-I finally got out all my Thank You's for my Feb. 7 shower and postpartum baby gifts. I'm really good at the procrastination. I meant to get them done the weekend he was born, but that didn't work out.

-I've watched Twilight an embarrassing number of times since purchasing it a week ago. I am so proud of my daily accomplishments which include not showering and looking at the cutest kid all day.

-And I'm boring myself...so signing off.

No comments: