Sunday, March 15, 2009

1 Month



Happy 1 month, Eli!

I cannot believe you have been in our lives for a month! You are such an amazing gift. Your dad and I just stare at you and comment on how perfect you are. Today, I had you propped up on my legs and was talking to you and you looked at me and smiled this amazing smile. And you were awake--it wasn't one of those I'm in my REM stage of sleep smiles--it was a real smile. You did it again a few minutes later! It took my breath away. I would step in front of a bus for that smile. True, that would be taking it a bit far just for a smile, but yowza, kid--what a face!

Now, about that breastfeeding thing...could you, please? For momma and her constantly running inner monologue about how I'm already screwing you up b/c I suck at breastfeeding?

1 comment:

rachel said...

He's absolutely adorable! I can't wait to see you guys again. :) Here's hoping the breastfeeding picks up. *Picture me holding up crossed fingers with one hand a the V-for-victory sign with the other hand.