Sunday, June 20, 2010

This One is Going Out to the Dads (you know who you are)

"'Miss Jean Louise, stand up.  Your father is passin'.'" To Kill a Mockingbird


I think TKAM is one of my favorite books because the character of Atticus has always reminded me of my own father.  My father exudes a quiet wisdom.  He is a man of character and grace.  He is a man of God and a faithful servant.  He may not be the best shot in the county, but he has earned the respect and trust of so many people.  I am one of his biggest fans.  I love you, faja!

Happy Father's Day, Dad!


Throughout the last 16 months, my husband has been a model of selflessness.  It's actually kind of annoying, because I really don't know how he does it.  Parenthood requires a person to give up  a lot of the freedom he/she had prior to having children.  While I've had to accept this fact kicking and screaming sometimes, Ben has made the transition quite easily.  He is so gentle and accommodating with our son.  There's no greater pleasure I get than watching the two of them laugh and play together.  Eli has a tremendous role model in his father.  I could not have asked for a better partner with whom to raise a family. I love you, Benj!

Happy Father's Day, Benny!

No comments: