So, sit back, relax, maybe get some popcorn, turn off your phone, and enjoy this tribute to Benjamin Bruce Parker. (Warning: Exhaustive collection of photos ahead).
1. His smile. Have you seen it? The kid has perfect teeth. PERFECT!
2. His laugh. I love to hear Ben laugh. It is so infectious.
4. His very deep loyalty to the Tigers. Ben is no where near a fair weather fan. His veins run blue and orange.
5. His sense of humor. Ben knows how to lighten up any situation with a carefully constructed sarcastic comment or joke.
7. His luxurious lashes. He once convinced me that his eye lashes were used for a mascara commercial. Very believable b/c any girl would kill for lashes like his.
8. His love of bathroom humor. This is one of the reasons I knew I'd found my soul mate when we started dating. I could never be with someone in front of whom I could not break wind (loudly and/or violently).
10. His easy going personality. Ben is the yin to my yang. While I'm in the corner breathing into a paper bag, he is totally relaxed and confident that things will work out...no matter the situation.
12. The fact that he's so young at heart. Eli received some Duplo blocks for his birthday. They are Ben's favorite toy.
13. His voice. It's like buttah. Have you heard him sing? You should.
15. His guitar skills. That's right, ladies, he can sing and play guitar.
17. His creativity. Ben has so many out-of-the-box ideas. He has done some great things in his job because of this ability.
18. The fact that he's a dreamer. Ben is always optimistic about our future and where God is taking us. He's very inspiring.
22. The fact that he has seen every episode of Friends numerous times...even though he doesn't really like Friends.
24. His love for travel.
25. His insane collection of baseball hats.
27. The way he takes care of me when I'm on my deathbed with a cold or something equally dramatic.
28. His adventurous spirit. You don't get six concussions by staying inside. Don't worry, only three or four of them have been documented.
30. How much he loves his Savior. Ben strives every day to live a Christ-centered life. I am blessed to have married a man who is so grounded in his faith.
Happy 30th Birthday, Benj. I love you!