Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sign of Things to Come?

I really do love being pregnant (somewhere some 9 month pregnant woman is laughing in my general direction). I have not had a difficult pregnancy in comparison with some women. I had my upchuck moments and food didn't really taste good until a few weeks ago, but it has not been horrible by any means. The best moment so far of pregnancy (other than seeing him on the ultrasounds) is when he moves. It is such a reassuring feeling. The weirdest sensation is when he rolls. It feels like that sensation you get when you're on your way down a big hill on a roller coaster, except slowed down.

His movements have become more frequent and more intense (which I hear is a good thing). Last night at 1:00 a.m., I think he was having his own private dance party in-utero. I could not believe how much he was moving. I couldn't sleep, it was so intense. Then, at 4:00 a.m., the dance party started back up. Then at 7:00 a.m. there was a Lord of the Dance encore. I could not believe how much I could feel him move. I'm extremely grateful for these impromptu dance sessions, but yowza!

I'm sure this is a sign of things to come for my nocturnal life.

No comments: