Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes, Part II

Heard in the last week from various students (directed towards me & my self-esteem):

"Mrs. Parker, you look pregnant in that sweater."

"Mrs. Parker, are you sure you're not pregnant?"

"That's an interesting shirt, Mrs. Parker."

"What's up with your hair?"

"Is that a zit?"

"It's just that your stomach sticks out...that's why I'm asking."

"It stinks in here."

"You look tired."

"Are you PMSing?"

And just so you don't think I never hear positive comments...(said to me after I was sick on Friday (not from morning sickness!!)

"Mrs. Parker, don't get sick again; we missed you."

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both.

1 comment:

rachel said...

they love to keep humility in check. just making sure your raging narcissism doesn't take over the classroom.