Monday, February 7, 2011

Carrie, Carrie...Things They Change My Friend*

Happy Birthday to one my most favorite people in the world!  
I got you some embarrassment memories for your birthday.

 circa 1989
 Even then, her car was without interior lighting. 

 Sooooo cute.

 Boo...baby is not happy.  Look how comforting I was to her.

I call this, "Girl (with too much time on her hands) and her dog"

The amazingly awesome Rick sisters
"For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands."  -Christina Rossetti

My dearest Carol, you are more amazing to me than you'll ever know.  Your tenacity, your grace, your fearlessness, your humor, your style, your compassion, your drive, your friendship...everything about you makes me proud that I am able to call you my sister and best friend.  Happy Birthday, lovely!  

*This comes from a Europe song.  The song is kind of a downer, but how cool that Europe wrote a song about you, right?

No comments: