There are very few things in life that I do well. I've accepted the fact that I will never play volleyball well (or enjoy it); I'm not sure I'll ever pronounce the words "macabre" or "automaton" correctly. I may never understand the popularity of Euchre (somewhere the entire state of Michigan gasps). And the verdict is still out on cooking.
One of my strengths (if you can call it that), however, is one that I've come to cherish. This little strength has got me through many an awkward moment and allowed me to develop great friendships. I'm not sure at what age I realized I had this strength, but it's always been a loyal favorite. To what am I referring? The gift of sarcasm. That's right, internet. It's why I chose to teach high school instead of elementary (that and I don't like tattle-tales). It's why my mom and I have so much fun going to the mall or why my sister and I like going to Jackson's Wal-Mart.
Over the last week, I've developed a list of my favorite things: the sarcastic edition. What's that, Internet? Are you asking why I don't have anything better to do with my time? I mean why don't I just fill out the plethora of quizzes on Facebook? Well, Internet, I developed this list on my way to and from work to avoid falling asleep at the wheel and careening into a tree or cow.
So without further ado...here it is--my list of my favorite things: the sarcastic edition.
1. Going outside and having gale force winds attack my hair.
2. Driving through constant gale force winds with an aero-dynamic box
3. Michigan's constant windy days
4. Getting up at 5:00 a.m. for work--love it.
5. Driving 35 minutes to work--it's the best.
6. Driving behind tractors
7. My relationship with gravity (just call me "The Dropper")
8. Late-night television (what am I supposed to watch whilst feeding my son?)
9. Hard water stains
10. Leaving my son for work
12. People who drive those scooters at Wal-Mart
13. Those Time Life commercials
14. Folding laundry
15. The $5 footlong Subway commercials
17. Balancing the checkbook
18. The misuse of "good" and "well"
19. Dangling prepositions
20. People who start papers with "My paper is about" or "In this paper I am going to write about"
21. Shaving my legs
22. Rose City Motors commercials
23. People at Wal-Mart who yell at their children for NO REASON!
24. Poor dental hygiene
26. Smoking (why don't you just stick your mouth on the tail pipe of your car...mmmmm)
27. Scary movies
28. When people say "acrosst" or "flustrated" or "I seen it" or "elemen-TARY"
29. People who whisper (loudly) "witty" commentary at the movies
30. Back sweat