Monday, February 11, 2008

Calling All Book-Lovers

This weekend I watched The Jane Austen Book Club. You can watch the preview here. As a fan of Jane Austen, I loved the movie. I'm not sure a person would enjoy it if he/she was not an Austen fan, though.
Watching the movie got me thinking about how I would love to start/be in a book club. I currently read because I am forced to. I love the books I'm reading (for the most part--Willa Cather, you are the bane of my existence), but I would love to read a book for fun and discuss it with fellow book lovers. And by book-lovers, I mean people who are not teenagers and who don't roll their eyes when I assign reading (what kind of English teacher assigns reading?! The humanity!).
I guess what I'm trying to say, Internet, is...would you be in a book club with me? Circle yes or no.

1 comment:

rachel said...

I am circling YES.
I'm having a vision of a book-club meeting in Ann Arbor at a Starbucks where you can park for more than 15 minutes (NOT the one by Borders). For some reason, in my vision, the book-club you & me discussing Moby Dick & reveling in our awesomeness.