Kind of a lame post to make up for the absence of regularly witty and brilliant posts (please know that I am extremely sarcastic and not at all narcissistic--somewhere someone who knows me very well laughs). I have been enjoying the warm goodness that comes from our own little ball of hydrogen. I was wondering if it was broken (ahem, Al Gore). As I've basked in the wonderfully harmful UV rays this week I began making a list of all the reasons why Summer kicks Winter's derrière (I would give you props Spring, but you were somewhat MIA this year). Below is a list of reasons why I love Summer.
1. I can walk outside without a coat and three layers of shirts and gloves and a hat and a scarf and winter boots and a scowl.
2. Warm breezes
3. Driving with the windows down (when I don't have somewhere to be where my hair needs to look not wind blown)
4. The smell of cut grass
5. The glorious scents that precede a storm
6. Running at 9:00 p.m. (and not getting hit by a car b/c it's still light outside)
7. 6:30 sunrises (not that I see them)
8. 9:30 sunsets
11. Fire works
12. The smell of barbecues
13. The smell of bonfires
14. The smell of sunscreen (you can tell my olfactory senses get quite the workout during Summer)
15. The sound of crickets (outside...not in my apartment driving me to the brink of madness)
16. The sound of bullfrogs
18. My parents' backyard
19. Concord's main street
20. Sleeping in
22. Hanging out on AJ and Megan's lake (it's theirs in my mind)
23. Walking to Frosty Boy with Ben
24. End of the school year
25. Our anniversary
I'm sure there's more, but I'm really hungry right now and can't really think straight. Here' to Summer.
(If I had been really smooth, I would have posted this on the 21...the first official day of Summer, but like I said, I'm hungry).